Our life in books



This is our eigth year of homeschooling and I finally got around to blogging about our adventures a few years ago.
I love the path that God has us on.
We get to enjoy the lightbulb moments in educating our children and have quite a few of them ourselves.

We are starting Exploration to 1850's this school year, 2012-2013 using My Father's World curriculum.
Rome to the Reformation,
Exploration to the 1850's and NOW.........

Below is the week by week of lessons for this year if you'd like to start at the beginning.
There is also a handy LABELS area that you can peek through to find a specific lesson.

Week by Week - MFW: Creation to the Greeks

Monday, December 12, 2011

Library Tools

I love our library system. I have been taking the kids weekly for years. Last year, our librarian put together a HOMESCHOOL section in one of our branches with models and microscopes and resources for homeschoolers. She focused on science and the need to touch, hold and take things apart.   This is the model of the brain. It's labeled with all the major parts and it's a wonderful tool to pass around. We copied it's structure into a notebook page for extra practice.



Tinker toys made a comeback this week. 
It's a amazing what they come up with: this is a carousel for Lego minifigures.


I learned something new this week too!  I learned how to make twistees in my boys' hair. We spent an hour like this.........
the TV was on, mind you, but he was very patient and actually loved the results. It only lasts about two days but this is our go- to style now for Kibru's hair now that he doesn't want to cut it.


1 comment:

  1. What a neat library/librarian you have! Maybe in my "retirement" (once all my girls graduate), I'll volunteer to set up homeschool corners in our library. :^)

    ReplyDelete