Our life in books



This is our eigth year of homeschooling and I finally got around to blogging about our adventures a few years ago.
I love the path that God has us on.
We get to enjoy the lightbulb moments in educating our children and have quite a few of them ourselves.

We are starting Exploration to 1850's this school year, 2012-2013 using My Father's World curriculum.
Rome to the Reformation,
Exploration to the 1850's and NOW.........

Below is the week by week of lessons for this year if you'd like to start at the beginning.
There is also a handy LABELS area that you can peek through to find a specific lesson.

Week by Week - MFW: Creation to the Greeks

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ready, Set...........

Morning sun pours in the schoolroom windows


Curriculum unpacked and sorted- check
That's really about as far as I have gotten but I did check something off the list. I am trying to imagine how the school year will go now that I will have Everett joining us each day. I keep imagining that I felt this exact way when I went from schooling one to two. A slight panic alongside the idea of another new learning style, new challenges and lots of juggling.

It hit me when I was getting their areas ready - I have 5 years of resources- 2 different programs for teaching reading - 4 science curriculums - countless math manipulatives and one goal at the start of each Kindergarten year......make it fun and get them reading!
It's really that simple in my mind but I know I fall victim to the many many choices of suppliments to add to my homeschool day. Really, it's about great books and a great attitude toward learning.

So with those thoughts swimming around in my head, I thought I would post a picture of the school room now that I have it all organized (it may be the one and only time!) Children, beware, there is a countdown going on.....................


No comments:

Post a Comment