Our life in books



This is our eigth year of homeschooling and I finally got around to blogging about our adventures a few years ago.
I love the path that God has us on.
We get to enjoy the lightbulb moments in educating our children and have quite a few of them ourselves.

We are starting Exploration to 1850's this school year, 2012-2013 using My Father's World curriculum.
Rome to the Reformation,
Exploration to the 1850's and NOW.........

Below is the week by week of lessons for this year if you'd like to start at the beginning.
There is also a handy LABELS area that you can peek through to find a specific lesson.

Week by Week - MFW: Creation to the Greeks

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Storytelling

Greek Myths cover image Jewish Holiday Stories cover image
Heros in Mythology cover image
Don't these look amazing! I have been a big fan of Jim Weiss for a while now and I always find myself checking his site at Greathall Productions to see if he has anything new or pertinent to what we are studying. For example, when we used Adventures in MFW and were studying American History ( my fav!), we listened to the Abraham Lincoln stories and the TJefferson tales as well as the American Tall Tales. This time, I got the mp3 version so it's straight to the ipod playlist!
It's such a compelling way to hear history and I know my kids get tired of hearing me read and I can't do voices or sing like Jim does. Anyway- I ordered these and am excited hear the next adventure whether in the car or bedtime, the stories stick with me ......oh, I mean the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on the MFW Blog Roll and signed up to follow you because I love keeping up with other MFW moms. :^) I'm doing ECC with my older girls this year and will start K with my youngers by the end of the month. :^)

    ReplyDelete