Our life in books



This is our eigth year of homeschooling and I finally got around to blogging about our adventures a few years ago.
I love the path that God has us on.
We get to enjoy the lightbulb moments in educating our children and have quite a few of them ourselves.

We are starting Exploration to 1850's this school year, 2012-2013 using My Father's World curriculum.
Rome to the Reformation,
Exploration to the 1850's and NOW.........

Below is the week by week of lessons for this year if you'd like to start at the beginning.
There is also a handy LABELS area that you can peek through to find a specific lesson.

Week by Week - MFW: Creation to the Greeks

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homonym Illustrations

This activity came to me when I was getting the lessons out for Language/Grammar this morning. My students love to draw so this teacher knew they'd get a kick out of the funny ways to illustrate the homonym pairs.

Harper picked sale/sail, flee/flea,hare/hair,and tails/tales
Everett picked the homonyms 
weight/wait
sell/cell
toe/tow
steel/steal
raise/rays

Clever way to recall the different meanings and spellings of these tricky word pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment